CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 29, 2011

Mockingjay By Suzanne Collins

The Summary:
Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. The thrill-packed final installment of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy will keep young hearts pounding.


My Review: I literally had this book in my when I finished Catching Fire. The book leaves off where Catching Fire ended. (Spoiler Alert For Anyone Who Hasn't Read Catching Fire Yet) District 12 is now in crumbles and Katniss is left in a very traumatic state of mind. That's the biggest cliftthanger I've read up to now. There's plenty of twist and turns in Mockingjay and as soon as you think you know what's happening, It drops another bomb on you. The book was very bittersweet at the end but It was inspiring too at the end. This book is the best out of the trilogy because It's fast-paced, heartbreakly amazing, and It makes you want to throw the book across the room and then pick It back up and read It again. It was not a very predicting outcome as many people expected It to be. She's a very changed person from the first two books. She seems more calm-more warmer is a better word, and emotional.

This book was told from a first-person point of view but at the same time Katniss was far away as if she was just writing in her diary or something private. The ending as I've said about two-thousand and one times now, wasn't what we all wanted to happen but It was what had to happen to make Katniss how she was. All in all, It shows you at the end that It may take long time but you can pick up the pieces and start over again, no matter how long that time is.

My Rating:5/5
The Plot:5/5
Characters:5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments or books you want to suggest I read? Let me know by putting them in the comment box. I'll get to them as soon as I can.