CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Shadow Kiss By Richelle Mead

Shadow Kiss, the third book in the Series Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead


Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with the rare gift for harnessing the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi: the fiercest vampire- the ones who never die. The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway , Lissa's best friend, makes her a Dhampir. Rose is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from the Strigoi, who are hell bent on making Lissa one of them.

Rose knows that It is forbidden to love another guardian. Her best friend, Lissa-the last Dragomir princess-must always come first. Unfortunately, when It comes to gorgeous Dimitri Belikov, some rules are made to be broken.

Then a strange darkness begins to grow in Rose's mind, and ghostly shadows warn of a tremble evil drawing near to the Academy's iron gates. The immortal undead are closing in, and they want vengeance for the lives Rose has stolen. In a heart-stopping battle to rival her worst nightmares, Rose will have to choose between life, love, and the two people who matter most..but will her choice mean that only one can survive?

(My Review): One of my favorite books of all time and I promise I'll try not to tell all of you that haven't read the book what happened. It was a very intense and emotional book. It's has It's really big highs and the very steep lows but I think that's what makes a really fantastic book right? Rose kept It together mostly through the whole thing and I think that's true strength. When you keep It together when others would understand if you fall shows some incredible power, and I think that's just one of those things I guess. Getting back to the book, Rose had this sort of darkness she had to face and It almost consumed her but she fought through It and Lissa in the third book is still learning how to use one of the rarest elements. Like I said in the beginning, It is a very roller coaster like adventure and a very good one at that. Hope you enjoy if you are interested in buying the book (but buy the first two first, then It'll make more sense).

Here's some of my favorite quotes from Shadow Kiss:

-"You will lose what you value most, so treasure it while you can."

-"What's up?" I asked.

You tell me," he (Christian) said. "You were the one about ready to start making out with Adrian."

It was an experiment," I said. "It was part of my therapy."

What the hell kind of therapy are you in?"

-"Wait. You think I'm going to die? That's why you slept with me?"

-"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you just defended Christian's honor. Isn't he a pain in the ass?
"Yes he is. But for the next 6 weeks he's MY pain in the ass."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments or books you want to suggest I read? Let me know by putting them in the comment box. I'll get to them as soon as I can.